Need help getting started with Pico? Follow these simple steps to get up and running in no time!
- Did you know you could launch with a landing page! No need to integrate onto a website! You can start collecting emails, signing people up for newsletters, and/or collecting payments with a Pico landing page in no time without even having a domain. (See how the Colorado Sun launched with just a landing page months before their site went live!)
- Create a Pico account at https://publisher.pico.tools/signup.
- If you're connecting Pico to your website, be sure to register your domain. (If you have multiple domains check out this article.)
- Connect your MailChimp account.
- Connect your Stripe account if you're collecting payments.
- Optionally, define your audience.
- If you want to collect email addresses from visitors with popups or a registration wall, create your first registration rule. Pico won't show up on your site until you do. Learn more about registration walls here!
- If you plan on collecting payments, first ensure you've connected your Stripe account, and then create a monetization plan.
- Update the appearance of Pico on your site.
- Install the Pico plugin on your site (if you are using WordPress follow these instructions, if you are NOT using WordPress follow this guide).
- (Installing Pico on your site is not difficult; however, we find a developer can make sure your installation goes smoothly and quickly. Email us if you want to be put in touch with a developer we recommend – most can do the job for under $500.)
And you're all set! A good starting point are the guided tours to help familiarize yourself with the tools. If you have any other questions about the Pico product be sure to check out https://help.pico.tools/ for guides and tutorials. If there's a question not covered be sure to contact us!