Note: This guide is exclusively for users coming from platforms other than Piano Go (formerly Tinypass). If you are currently a Piano Go user, visit this link for more information on migrating your account.
- Currently, we only accept migrations from platforms using Stripe or Braintree as the payment processor.
What steps are needed to complete the migration?
- Create a Pico account here.
- Setup monetization plans that match the existing plans you have in the platform.
- Integrate your Stripe account with Pico. If you don't have an existing Stripe account you'll be asked to create one.
- Email email@example.com with subject: [Your company name] - Migration Request
- The Pico team will work to migrate subscribers' email addresses in Stripe to the Pico database giving them appropriate permissions and setting them up on the corresponding Pico subscription for future charges.
- Your existing subscribers will have their passwords reset. When logging in for the first time with Pico, they will be asked to validate their email address through a one-click magic link sent to their inbox. They will then have the option to set a new password, although Pico's login system does not require one.
Here are some commonly asked questions:
Is it free to start?
Yes. There is no monthly Pico fee until you register more than 500 records. Transaction fees apply to all purchases processed by Pico. For more information, explore our pricing page.
What are records?
A record is a unique email address registered by Pico. Records include migrated subscribers, as well as any new subscriber or email signup facilitated by Pico. If you have existing newsletter subscribers who are not among your migrated paying subscribers, they will not be counted by Pico until they log in to your site using Pico.
Can we migrate multiple sites into one instance of Pico?
If you are interested in merging multiple site subscriber bases, you may request us to do so during this migration. However, your merged subscriber base in Pico can only be associated with one domain. If you intend to maintain different subscription offerings across multiple domains, you will need to keep your subscriber bases separate and create a new Pico account for each.
Do you accept clients outside the United States?
Pico can only process payments for businesses in countries supported by Stripe. At this time, Pico can only present and process payments in USD. Pico’s menu language (outside of customized elements) is only available in American English at this time.
Which ESPs does Pico sync to?
Mailchimp is currently the only ESP that syncs with Pico. We have plans to offer additional ESP integrations before the end of the year.
Do you support non-renewing subscriptions?
Not at this time. Publishers as well as end users can cancel their subscription immediately after purchase to prevent a renewal (while maintaining access through the end of the payment period).
Do you have APIs available?
Not at this time, but we have plans later this year to offer authentication APIs and make user profile information more accessible on page load.
Who should I contact for further questions?
Please send any questions directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.