In this article we'll explain:
- What is an Audience?
- How to create an Audience?
What is an Audience?
Audiences are categorizations created by the publisher, to show how you acquired readers. The audience captures the reader's location, reader's referral source and the reader's device. You can apply specific registration and monetization plans to created Audiences, for example, you could create a monetization plan that applies directly to readers being referred from the U.S. visiting your site using a mobile device. You'll need to ensure that audiences uniquely capture a specific group of people and that no audience section overlaps another.
By default there is an audience in your account called "global" that applies to all potential site visitors. If you do not want to create rules for specific user groups, you don't need to create a new audience, and can apply the global audience to a rule you created.
How to create an Audience
- Sign into http://publisher.pico.tools
- Click 'IAM' on the left side of the portal
- Scroll down to the 'Audiences' section and click 'Add audience'
4. Name your audience, select all the unique defining attributes for the audience and click 'Save Audience'
5. Your new audience will appear in the IAM section
Remember: You must have a unique audience defined before you can apply a registration or monetization plan.